Wednesday 17 June 2015

let's talk about growing up

what do you want to be when you grow up?

that was the question
that was THE question
wasn't it?

if an adult didn't ask you that, it was weird

luckily for me
I kind of knew where I was headed in my life

I thought that because I was actually good at something
I would go and study it
go and practice it
and be happy

:)

but now I'm not so sure that's the case

yes I'm employed in my field
and I'm really lucky
so many people my age are stuck in unskilled jobs
or unemployed altogether

so yes, I know I should be thankful
but I feel like I shouldn't just settle
if I know deep down I want more

the way the job market is going I feel like our generation are going to be a bunch of settlers
and we shouldn't!

this is the time for opportunity
we are young
the world is our oyster
if somethings not right
change it

even if your mum's telling you the exact opposite

obviously everyone is different
if you're reading this and thinking
"this is the best it gets for my career"
and that makes you sad
then maybe it's time you try something new

open up your internet browser
pull up a job site
and explore something you've never before

who knows
you might find out what you want to be when you grow up

-

am I the only one with this on the brain?
please tell me I'm not (in the comments)

No comments:

Post a Comment